Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Small Town and Cokes


 This is so patriotic.....I love this wall.   It is nearly full with names of people who have sacrificed for all of us.  My father-in-laws name is on this wall, and many others who are from this community and it makes me very grateful and proud of each and every name on this wall.



If you live in our part of the United States, this is a familiar site.....Grain Elevators.   To me these always make me think of harvest and our farmers.   They are easy to get use to and not think much of, but when I lived in California we never saw any.  Then when I returned to the small communities it was something I could see for miles away and it would make me think "I'm home". 


I don't know the story behind the side of this building.  I just think it is kinda neat.......that and I love my coke (with vanilla syrup).....I'm craving one now.  I'd never heard of putting flavors in cokes until I lived in a small town.......

They are the best....(Small towns and cokes.....they just go together)

3 comments:

  1. Jana, I love your blog. I LOVE Vanilla Cokes too (Diet). :) Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a flavoured coke, clearly I am missing out!
    I always find in very moving seeing a list of names like that; we are forever in their debt.
    The Grain Elevators must be an impressive sight. It's funny how we often have to go away to notice what has become familiar to us at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love vanilla diet cokes as well....Live for them, Tracey you'll have to try one sometime. Maybe midwest thing, but they sure are good.

    ReplyDelete